Are you running out of ideas to promote your business online? Are you on a small budget but want to keep on growing your business? If you are in one of these situations, this is all you need to read. I will talk about online marketing tips to promote small businesses and their potential.
Online Marketing Tools for Small Businesses
Online activities can vary depending on the type of business, brand, audience and budget. Here is a list of 12 ideas of activities that you can do to promote your company online and to grow your audience:
– Publish great content: Having great content is one of the best ways to attract potential customers. Provide relevant content and answer the questions your audience might have. Use high-quality imagery and speak the tone of voice that resonates with your audience.
– Ask your team to contribute with content ideas: Nobody knows your company and audience better than your team. Their input and ideas are extremely valuable and should be considered.
– Do a keyword research for your website: It is extremely important to know the keywords that are useful for your business and how and where to use them on the website. Create a Google AdWords account, and use the keyword tool planner. This will give you an idea about the number of searches your keywords have per month.
– Use relevant social media networks: Select networks that are more used by your audience in terms of demographics, interests and location.
– Start an email list: Collect email addresses from your customers and website visitors. These can be used as another touchpoint with your audience. This can be done offline – in a store or in a restaurant – or online through a purchase, newsletter subscriptions or prize giveaway. Always ask for permission to use this data and offer opt-out options.
– Create campaigns targeting your email contacts: You can use the email list you have been building to advertise to this audience as they have already shown interest in your brand by giving you their details. You can use a campaign on Facebook, Instagram, Google AdWords or Bing to create a campaign and target this email list.
– Claim your Google My Business listing: This is a great way to show your company when someone is looking for you on Google or Google Maps. It’s an easy way to direct users to your website, having easy click-to-call options, showing your company’s photos with 360 degree images and showing directions to your locations.
– Create internal links: This will ease the navigation of the website and link to other pages that are also relevant to visit. By adding internal links, you can show more of your website, increase the number of pages visited and improve SEO.
– Create campaigns targeting your local area: Google AdWords, Bing, Facebook and Instagram give you the option to select your business’s location and advertise in a radius around it. This is a great option to promote locally.
– Create a weekly or monthly newsletter: Communicate the latest company’s news and promotions, providing interesting content to your audience.
– Create remarketing lists: Remarketing lists allow you to reconnect with people who have been on your website through advertising (normally banners). This is a great way to reconnect and stay fresh in the user’s mind. This option is available on Google AdWords, Bing, Facebook and Instagram.
– Create a social media contest or a prize draw: These are great options to increase engagement and participation. There are different types of contests that can be done: photo contest, voucher draw, sharing content, liking the page, commenting and so on. The goal of a contest is to make your audience more engaged with the brand. This can also be a great way to increase your contact list (email and mobile).
These are some suggestions that will help you promoting your business online. I hope this gives you some ideas and makes you even more aware of the importance of promoting your business online.
For more information about how to improve your results online, and for assistance, get in touch with me.