A few days ago, I published the Digital Marketing Ideas for the Holiday Season – Website Ready article where I talked about the points to have in mind in order to prepare the website for the holiday season. Today I will cover paid online advertising that can be used to promote products, services and brands during this profitable time of year. Paid advertising normally brings quick results; the audience can be highly targeted, and it is normally very cost-effective.
Here are some of the online paid advertising options:
– Google AdWords – Even though there will be a lot of competition during the holiday season, Google AdWords is a great opportunity to attract new buyers for your products and services when they search online. Use and abuse ad extensions and highlight the advantages of your company: location, product features and benefits, prices, promotions, reviews, etc.
– Google Shopping – Create product listing ads (PLA) with Google and your products will be more exposed to your potential buyers. By matching a specific search to a relevant product, Google Shopping gives more control and increases the quality of the traffic.
– Social Media Ads – Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat, you name it! Increase your brand awareness and loyalty, bring more traffic to your website and increase sales. Social media advertising is still considered cost-effective and it is normally possible to target a very specific audience.
– Bing Ads – Bing is a smaller search engine compared with Google, but it has its advantages. It still has a considerable number of searches and in some categories, there are less advertisers, meaning less competition. It is a complementary source to get additional traffic and sales.
– Retargeting – this option is available in some of the paid advertising platforms and is a great option to re-connect with users who have previously been on your website.
For information about how to improve your results online during the holiday season, get in touch with me.