The Ho-Ho-Holiday season is just around the corner, and there are some marketing activities that still can be done in order to get the most out of this fruitful time of the year. Every year, new records are beaten in terms of sales during this time of the year.
Forbes mentions a study from Forrester Research, where it is predicted that online sales for November and December of 2016 have generated $110 billion, 13% more than in 2015. In addition to Christmas, there are two important retail discount days: Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
– Thanksgiving (U.S.) – 23rd of November
– Black Friday – 24th of November
– Cyber Monday – 27th of November
– Christmas – 25th of December
In this series of articles, I will talk about the activities that can be done in the different marketing areas to get the most out of this time of year.
– Prepare for traffic spikes – Make sure you have enough bandwidth to handle the extra traffic. If your website is slow and doesn’t handle higher amounts of traffic, you might lose customers. Find out how much bandwidth your website needs.
– Optimise for mobile – You probably have heard this 10 times by now, but it is still important to stress this. Online searches and sales grow constantly, and websites and landing pages need to be optimised for mobile navigation.
– Get great images and videos – This is important in all kinds of businesses, especially e-commerce. The visuals need to show clearly the product features and benefits. Photos and videos of the products in different perspectives and occasions showing the lifestyle it can bring are advisable.
– Write great product and service descriptions – Words are as important as the visuals, and they should equally explain features and benefits. They should ask all the questions that a customer might have about what they are about to buy.
– Easy to use and navigate – make the customer journeys easy… so easy that they almost don’t need to think. Clear call-to-actions, social media quick login and check out, Christmas product ideas and top-sellers list are some of the things that can be done.
– Get the festive look – Add a bit of fun and Christmassy spirit to the shopping experience. Good web design positively impacts the customer experience.